Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tricky

The other day, I picked Matthew up from his Montessori preschool and asked him about his day as we drove home.  "Did you work with your teacher?" I asked.

"Yes!" he replied.  "We did I Spy!" 

I felt a thrill of excitement.  In my Montessori training class we are focusing on the Language area right now and we just did I Spy!!!  "Oh!" said.  "You did I Spy!  Did the teacher ask you to find something that began with mmmmm?"

"Not like THAT Mommy!"  Matthew protested.

"Sorry.  Did your teacher say, 'I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with mmmmm?'"

"Yes, like that!  And gueesssss what?  I TRICKED HER!" Matthew cackled with glee.

"You . . . tricked her?  How?"

"I was supposed to give her the mop, but I gave her the elephant!" he said.

"Ohhhhh," said I.  "And then . . . did you tell her it was a trick?"

"Nope!" said Matthew proudly.  "I reeeaaallllyyyy tricked her!  She thought elephant started with mmmm!"

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I hope the teacher isn't too confused now.