Friday, November 5, 2010

*sigh*

Remember, faithful readers, when I used to post every day?  Or every other day if I was busy?  These days, juggling my own school work with my daily parenting duties is leaving me with exactly . . . no time for blogging.  Plus, we've been perpetually sick for the last month.  Here's hoping for a healthy November.

So, briefly.  Halloween.

Matthew was thrilled to bring homemade (allergen-free) sugar cookies to school for his Halloween party.  He's still talking about it.  "Cameron?  Remember when I took cookies to school?  Remember?  Remember that?  Mommy?  Do you remember that?  How I took those cookies to school?"

The highlight of Cameron's Halloween was his school dance.  The kids learned everything from the Hokey Pokey to the Macarena in gym class, then showed up in costume to get their groove on with a REAL DJ!  It was an incredible event.  Here's Cameron (aka Dumbledore) doing the Chicken Dance with Darth Vader.  Betcha didn't know Vader danced, huh?  He's actually surprisingly nimble on his feet.

 For trick or treating, we headed out with some good friends.  Cameron found himself perpetually misidentified as Merlin, and once as a professor.  "A professor?" he said indignantly to me (after politely saying thank you to the candy-giver.)  "Does a PROFESSOR have a WAND!  Well, I guess he was kind of right.  Because Dumbledore WAS a professor at Hogwarts. But I don't think that guy even knew that!"

Matthew refused to keep his hood on, which left him pretty much wearing a feather-trimmed white sweater with wings.  And thus, Harry Potter and Tonks were left trick or treating with a professor and an angel.  At one house, a woman cooed, "Well aren't you just the sweetest angel?" to which Matthew replied, "Except I'm not." 

Despite the costume confusion, the boys had a great time running house to house with their friends and grumbled surprisingly little when I confiscated most of their loot -- the majority of Halloween candy is a food allergy nightmare.  A few homemade sugar cookies makes up for the lost Snickers any day though!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so stinking funny, and their timing is impeccable.. I think they should have gone as Statler and Waldorf from The Muppet Show (not that ANYONE would have recognized them then...)

xoxo

Grandma Linda said...

Great photos! So glad the whole family had such a fun Halloween.