Thursday, September 17, 2009

And a Pony While You're at It

Matthew loves all of Mo Willems' books, but Knuffle Bunny is his hands down favorite. Recently, whenever we have read Knuffle Bunny, Matthew has looked around his room then turned to me accusingly and said, "Where's my Knuffle Bunny?" I've attempted to placate him with his teddy bears and baby dolls, but he's no fool. "NO! Where's my KNUFFLE BUNNY?"

Finally, after being asked for the bajillion time where his Knuffle Bunny was, I answered, "You don't have a Knuffle Bunny. Maybe you should ask Santa to bring you a Knuffle Bunny for Christmas."

Now, Matthew wasn't too clear on the concept of Santa and being able to actually request specific gifts in past years, but apparently he's caught on. He ran out to Cameron and reported, "Santa gonna make me a Knuffle Bunny!"

When David got home, Matthew lost no time in telling him, "I get MY Knuffle Bunny. Santa bring me MY Knuffle Bunny!"

Luckily, I've checked with Santa and it appears that he will be able to comply with this request. Now if Matthew can just wait until December . . .

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I can't wait to meet Knuffle Bunny. I think the pony however, would be a bad idea.