Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Living it up in the mitten

We just returned from a long and multi-phase vacation which began with David and I celebrating our anniversary in Saugatuck, Michigan.  We spent two blissful days there WITHOUT the kids!  (Thanks Mom and Dad!)  As usual, this meant indulging in every food we can't eat in our home thanks to food allergies.  Here's David with a smile that says, "Helloooo mustard!"


I think the best part of the weekend was seeing Chicago at the Mason Street Warehouse.  We snapped this shot outside before taking our FRONT ROW AND CENTER seats! 
And here we are on the porch of the B&B, being goofy.

One of my favorite things about David is that he loves to take goofy photos.  As we walked along Lake Michigan, he spotted a fire pit surrounded by discarded beer cans.  He immediately dove face first into the sand, laughing and saying, "Take a photo!  Take a photo!"  So I did.

 This is his face afterwards.
 David bravely ventured into Lake Michigan, which was frigid despite the scorching temperatures on land.
 This is how far I was willing to go!


2 comments:

Ninette said...

I LOVE THE MITTEN!

Grandma Linda said...

Love the photos. Really miss the boys. Can't wait until I see you all again.