Tuesday, July 26, 2011

AKA

Just got home from a very long vacation!  One short story as I unpack . . .

Matthew recently took a few golf lessons (which he loved) and the teacher repeatedly called him "Matt."  We have never, ever, never called Matthew "Matt," so he had no idea the teacher was talking to him!  When I later explained that this is a nickname for his name, it led to a discussion of people's nicknames.  "Daddy's name is David, but some people call him Dave," I said.  "Cameron, I call you 'Cam' sometimes.  Do you like that nickname?"

"Hmmm,"  replied Cameron, "I like when you call me Cam but not when other people do.  What's your nickname Mom?"

"I don't have a nickname," I answered.

"Yes, you do!" piped up Matthew.

"I do?" I said.  "What my nickname?"

"Sharon!"

1 comment:

kimbill16 said...

That's why you have no idea that people are talking to you when they call you anything other than "Mom."