Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Field Trip

David and I have a weekend trip planned this summer.  With no kids.  NO KIDS!  I can hardly wait -- I've already picked out the restaurants I want to go to, booked a wine tour and planned what I'll wear.  Because they'll be NO KIDS!  Unbelievable!

The only snag is worrying about the boys, especially Matthew.  Matthew's been going through a bit of a phase lately where he frequently mentions how sad he would be if I left him and asks me for reassurance that if I go somewhere, I will come back.  So, I figured he will need some preparation for this weekend away from us.  I've been talking to him about how much fun he's going to have with Cameron and with his grandparents while Mommy and Daddy are gone.  Yesterday, I said to him, "What do you think you'll do with Grandma and Grandpa when you stay with them?  Do you think you'll play?"

"Yes," he replied.  "I gonna play with Grandpa Frank."

"Who will be there?"

"Maffew," he said, pointing to himself.  "And Cami-cam."  For reasons I do not understand, Matthew has abruptly dropped the longstanding nickname "Didi" for Cameron and begun to refer to him as "Cami-cam."

"Who else?" I asked.

"Grandpa Frank, Grandpa Linda, Mama, Daddy," he continued.  Then he stopped.  "Wait.  No.  Mama and Daddy will not be there.  Because you're going on your field trip!"

I have never looked forward to a field trip this much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used to read the book "Mama always comes home" by Karma Wilson.. ad nauseum! But the message really stuck with my kids, so that they still talk about the book.. "Remember what the book says? Mama ALWAYS comes home!"

Because you know, if you read it in a book, it must be true.

Hey, btw, I was at the library with the kids yesterday and they had LEGO Club Magazine! Do your kids get this? Because you can get it for FREE! Check it out here: http://club1.lego.com/en-US/legomagazine/default.aspx

Grandma Linda said...

Tell the boys how much we are looking forward to our time together!

Sharon said...

Thanks Corey -- we'll definitely look for that book!

Cameron is OBSESSED with the Lego Club magazine. He reads them over and over and over and enters EVERY contest!

Mom, the boys are going to have a blast with you!