Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Visit from Debbie

I haven't posted in a while, I know.  The thing is this:  Matthew is two.  I'm spending inordinate amounts of time setting the timer for timeouts and taking away his tricycle and toys.  Sadly, I have yet to discover his currency.  He has figured out that calling me names ("You're a poo poo!" and "You're not a big boy!" were his go-to taunts) just got him a longer time out, so now he shouts from time out, "You're a MOMMY!" in a tone that makes it clear that this is no compliment.  The one thing that keeps him out of trouble is to keep him constantly, endlessly active which is . . . well . . . sort of exhausting. 

Enter my best friend, Debbie. 

Debbie visited from New York City this past weekend and, it turns out, she has endless energy as well.  The boys LOVE her.
Our weekend together was fantastic and we're all missing her terribly. Debbie, Matthew wants you to know that he thinks you're DA BEST.  And me?  I'm Mommy.

4 comments:

Ninette said...

Loved the pics of the boys with Debbie! (especially the one where Matthew is hugging her so tightly) Looks like you all had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I feel like a celebrity! Hah hah. I had such a lovely time. Sharon, I love you and your family sooooo much. :)

Neelu said...

"You're a Mommy" ha ha ..did not see that coming!

Neelu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.