Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gross is Good

We had a wonderful Easter weekend and are now enjoying spring break.  Yesterday, I took the boys to the museum to see the Grossology exhibit. 


I dressed them in matching t-shirts, figuring it would be easier to keep track of them that way.  Then I had this sudden vision of losing track of one of the boys and approaching a security guard.  "I've lost one of my kids," I'd say.  Then I'd point at the remaining boy, "He looks nothing like this one, but is wearing the same shirt."  Luckily, I did not lose either boy the whole day although I did at one point chase Matthew under a chain with a "CLOSED" sign and up a staircase.  Ah well, these things happen.  Right?

The whole museum was fantastic, but the Grossology exhibit, as expected, was a big hit.  The boys pretended to be sucked into a nostil.  "Hold on to the septum for dear life!"
They climbed into an open mouth, slid down the esophagus and rolled around in the stomach for a bit, digesting. 
 I expected it would be hours before I'd see them again -- those intestines are miles long, for goodness sake! -- but apparently the exhibit had had some radical surgery and the stomach emptied directly into the rectum.  Yes, I said rectum.  The boys gleefully climbed through the tunnel crowing, "Now we're poop!"
It didn't get any classier from there either.  But, boy, was it fun!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I couldn't stop laughing! Wish I had been there.