Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Day in the Life

5:30am Crawl in bed with Mommy and Daddy. Wake Mommy to request that she read "Superman's Guide to the Universe." She declined.

7am Let's get this party started!

7:05am Ask Mommy what day it is. Provide her with a cheery start to the day by crying, "Oh man! I didn't want to stay home with YOU today!"

8am Politely direct that Mommy push me on the swing up to the clouds. Deeply disappointed in her apparent unwillingness to comply with this simple request.

8:30am Still on swing.

9am Still on swing. Experiment with lifting bottom off seat of swing while high above ground. When Mommy stops me, aghast, burst into tears and explain, "Well, Mommy, I scared ME too!"

10am Paint an amazing reproduction of "Rescue Heroes: The Movie." You know, the scene where Billy Blazes is falling off the volcano?

11am Eat an early lunch then head to the train garden.

12pm Show off "big bumbly muscles" to adoring girls by pumping water at gardens.

1pm Check out Bat Cave at gardens. Realize that I have not yet pretended to be Bat Man today. Assign Mommy to Superman role.
2pm - 6pm Shoot down every idea Mommy has to fill the time. No, I DON'T want to go swimming. No, I DON'T want to read Highlights Magazine for Children. No, I DON'T want to go to the park. Here's a better idea. You be Rescue Hero Wendy Waters. I am Billy Blazes. We need to save a boy who is going to fall in . . . think, Cameron, think . . . what could be a REALLY great disaster? A volcano? No, WAY too predictable. AHA! The boy is going to fall in a RAIN VOLCANO.

6pm - 7pm Bike three blocks to park, frequently demonstrating my ability to stop on a dime thanks to my training wheels. Golly, it is funny how this causes Mommy and Daddy to do silly stuff -- swerving off the sidewalk, falling off their bikes! Those jokers!

8pm Insist that I do NOT need to go potty before bed.

8:05pm Leave bed to go potty.

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Yep, sounds about right for a three year old. Cameron is lucky to have a Mommy that takes him fun places and will pretend to be a superhero. Now, if she would just wake up at a reasonable time in the morning....