Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stage 2, Trip 2

The next stage of our trip was Chicago, where the fun began at the Adler Planetarium.
 This was awesome, as there were loads of opportunities to take funny photos.  And isn't that what vacation is all about?



 Matthew had little interest in the activities actually designed to teach you about space, aside from pumping this rocket launcher.
 This display was awesome.  Paper and pencils were provided so that you could post your own response to "I want to be the first ____ on the moon." 
 I swear, I did not write this response.
 But Maxine totally stole my answer.  I  have always hoped to be the first author to write a memoir about my experience as a fashion-designing dolphin trainer on the moon.
And who could resist an opportunity to write 'fart' and stick it up on the wall of a planetarium?  I mean, the Adler was practically begging for that answer when they created this display.
Cameron got to experience what it would be like to walk on the moon while Matthew stood nearby and bemoaned the fact that he was not tall enough.  "But I AM!  I AM big enough!"
 It was fun.
 The next day, we went to the Field Museum.  We walked in and Matthew said, "I want to go home."  Cameron enjoyed it, though.


 We took the water taxi that day, ferry about from museums to Navy Pier to Michigan Ave to the Willis Tower.  It was a super fun way to travel!



 That night, we stayed up late so we could go on the Navy Pier ferris wheel at night.  You can't tell, but we are on the ferris wheel.  Really.
 For our last day in Chicago, we went to the beach.  The boys loved jumping in the waves, insisting on swimming even when they were chattering with cold.
 Finally, they took a break from the water to build a few sand castles.
The next day, we would leave the shores of Lake Michigan to . . . drive along the shore of Lake Michigan and . . . spend some time on the beach and in the sand.

No comments: