Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stage 1, Trip 2

So, I realize that I haven't even blogged about our first multi-stage trip of the summer (Saugatuck-Metro Detroit-NYC-Poconos trip), but we are on to trip number 2.  Our first stop was Lafayette, Indiana, simply because it was a convenient stopping point and it had a water park.  As we drove there, the weather was beautiful.  When we pulled into the parking lot, we noted a concerning mass of dark clouds on the horizon.  And shortly thereafter, we found ourselves huddled in the covered entrance of the local zoo, waiting out a huge downpour.  Good times.

Once the weather cleared, however, Cameron and David spent their time on the huge water slide.

Matthew had a blast on the water slide, too.  I realize it looks a bit ridiculous for him to be wearing a life jacket in ankle deep water but he loved it!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Wow. Very cool looking waterpark. I'm glad the weather cleared up in time for you to go. The shorter slide looked about my speed. Now sure if it was wide enough for me though.