Monday, March 14, 2011

Check back in ten years.

Yesterday, I told Matthew I was going to cut his hair.  "No, I don't want a haircut," he said.

"Just a trim," I said.  "I'll just trim the edges, OK?"

Finally, he acquiesced.  As he sat down on the stool he said, "But not my beard.  I'm trying to grow a beard."

"OK," I promised, "I won't trim your beard."

As soon as I finished, Matthew felt his chin and gave me an accusatory glare.  "Did you trim my beard?"

"I didn't touch your beard," I reassured him.  "Remember?  I only used the clippers on your head.  I didn't do your face."

"OK," he agreed.  "Good.  I just didn't want you to cut my beard.  I want to let it grow."

I think he'll be waiting a while.

5 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Is Matthew thinking of a mustache also?

Unknown said...

I am glad you are letting him express himself with facial hair!

Sharon said...

Mom, a mustache? Don't be ridiculous! He's THREE! Everyone knows the proper order is goatee at two, beard at three, mustache at four.

Jen,as long as he isn't getting tatoos or piercings, I'm all for expressing himself!

JB said...

Very sweet! I've been given a magnifying glass to examine my ten-year-old's one beard hair.

JB said...

Very sweet! I've been given a magnifying glass to examine my ten-year-old's one beard hair.