Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Not Sure How to Take This

I wear makeup -- just a little powder and blush 'cause I'm pasty -- most days.  This morning, as I was getting ready, Matthew said, "What are you doing?"

"I'm putting on my makeup," I replied.

"What's makeup?" he asked.

"It's . . . well, it's like colored powder that some women put on their faces."  Which makes it sound sort of ridiculous, doesn't it?

"Why?"

"Well . . . I guess because they think it makes them look pretty."  Ridiculous and faintly pathetic. Nothing like a three-year-old to give you a complex.

I put on a little powder.

"Uh oh," said Matthew.  "It didn't work."

I picked up my blush.  Matthew announced, "Last chance!"

I gave a few quick swipes and Matthew smiled at my reflection in the mirror.  "Still pretty."

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Matthew is very insightful. I love reading about what he has to say.

Ninette said...

That kid will win every girl's heart!