Saturday, June 19, 2010

Whew.


Golly, it's been a while!  Where have I been?  Well, let's see.  After my last post, we went to Michigan to visit with my grandparents.  My grandparents got to see all of their great-grandkids at once!  We had a wonderful time.  Cameron played in the water and Matthew spent the day working on his fast ball.

The boy has an ARM!

Then, we came back home and my week of chaos fun began.  Here are some photos from the week.





Fishing, bowling, hiking, putt-putt and more!  Oh my, there are so many funny stories from this week!  So many adventures!  So many memories!  You should have heard what Matthew said!  And you wouldn't believe what Cameron did!

But me?  I can't tell you any of it.  David stayed home with the boys this week. And me?  This is what I did.

Okay, so I've got a photo of scooping work for my Practical Life album.  Shoot, is that a drop of water on the table?  Where the heck did that come from?  Okay, stay calm, that's fine.  I'll just crop it out.  Augh!  The beans are in the bucket on the right!  They're supposed to be on the left!  Left to right, indirect preparation for writing.  Dang it.  Can I turn the photo over so the beans look like they're on the left?  Oh, shoot, that would make the ladle look like it was handle up instead of handle down.  ARRRGGHHHH!!!  Where's my notebook?  To do:  Take new photo of bean scooping work.  BEANS ON LEFT.

I started training to become a certified Montessori teacher and this week was our intensive.  All day, every day, ending with a miserable drive home in rush hour traffic with a broken air conditioner.  I had Montessori dreams at night, when I finally went to bed after reading and lesson planning and journaling.  It's been a long time since I had those kinds of dreams.  Like when I was taking physics.  Or calculus, oh, the calculus dreams!  At least Montessori dreams don't involve derivatives but let me tell you, you CAN have a nightmare about table scrubbing.  The basin, the bucket, the scrub brush . . . oooh, I get panicky just thinking about it.

Good news is, despite being exhausted, I loved it all and am really excited about this new direction.  And the boys had the best week ever with the best daddy ever -- just in time for Father's Day!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

David is such a great father. I'm glad the boys had such a wonderful week filled with adventure and fun.

Good luck on your new endeavor. You will be a fabulous Montessori teacher.

Anonymous said...

That's great but what about your genetic counseling. Are you done with that as a career?