Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mr. Clean

On our first official day of summer vacation, I offered the boys a long list of fun activities.  We could go to the pool!  We could go to the museum!  The zoo!  The park!  No, no, no.  They just weren't interested in any of the options I gave so, vexed, I said, "OK, you two can sit around and do nothing all day if that's what you want.  I'm going to clean the floors."

"Oooh!  Oooh!  Me!" shouted Matthew, waving his hand in the air as if he were channeling Hermione Granger.  "Can I clean the floor?  Please?"

In a word? 

Yes. 

Yes, you can clean the floor.

But if you want to scrub the toilets you'll have to be reaalllyyy reaalllyyy good.

2 comments:

Christine said...

OMG, best line ever!! "as if he were channeling Hermione Granger." Brilliant. (and yay for Matthew cleaning the floors!)

Unknown said...

I love it...and I love it when the kids want to help. I have had this exact same expereince with the kids where I try to sell them on something fun, but really they want to help me dust. Who are we to squash their dreams, that is what I say :)