Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Obvious Solution

"Me and Colin are going to make a time machine," Cameron announced.

"Really?"  I replied.  "What time do you want to go to first?"

"2007," he answered promptly.

2007? I thought, mystified.  "Why 2007?"

"Well, remember that old Lego magazine that Grandpa gave me?"

"Yes."

"It was in 2007.  And it said that in 2007 they were putting solid gold C3PO Lego minifigures in Lego boxes!  So we're going to go back to 2007 and try to find one of them.  Oh! And can you come with us?  Because I think it might be a good idea to have a grown-up along."

I suppose I could tell the kid about EBay, but why ruin his fun?

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

2007 was a very good year.

Grandpa Frank said to let him know if you get the time machine working because he'd like to go back a decade or so.

Grandma Linda said...

Have you got that working yet? Grandpa is waiting not so patiently.

Sharon said...

Running into a few kinks. Considering the merits of a shrinking machine instead, if you are interested.