Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Talented Teachers

Cameron goes to a Montessori school, so he will be returning to the same classroom for the third year. He was happy to hear that one of his teachers from his first year would be returning. "Oh, good!" he said. "She is very talented at the digestive system."

"Talented at the digestive system?!?!" That seemed like a bit of a backhanded compliment. I don't know that I'd want anyone describing me as "talented at the digestive system."

"Yes," said Cameron. "Remember when I was in the youngest group? And we learned about the human body? She did a demonstration about the digestive system that was SO cool. She had a sock -- that was the esophagus -- and she mushed stuff like bananas through it down to the stomach!"

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Good story. Although I usually like when you have photos along with the message, I was glad there is no picture of the banana demonstration.