Saturday, August 22, 2009

Preposterous, Part 2

Recently, I was showing the boys a scrapbook that my grandma made for Matthew. In it, there is a photo of my brother, Zack, at about age 3 years. "Who's that?" I asked, pointing.

"Didi!" replied Matthew. And Zack did look very much like Cameron in the photo. Cameron, who has been fooled by such photos before, took a close look.

"Nope, that's uncle Zack," he said.

"That's right! This is Uncle Zack when he was little."

"No," insisted Matthew. "Dat's Cam-when." He pointed to his brother for emphasis.

"I know it looks like Cameron," I answered. "But this is Uncle Zack when he was a little boy. And now Uncle Zack is a grown-up!"

And here, Cameron burst out laughing. "Uncle Zack? A grown-up? Mommy, Uncle Zack isn't a grown-up! He's just a big kid!" Cameron may have a point.

2 comments:

Ninette said...

That story is too cute! It is so funny how kids see adults.

My godson, Aidan (age 6), could not understand why I would not go to the Teens Night at his swim club! Guess I am just a big kid like your brother!

Zack F said...

Guilty as Charged. Sharon, remind me to tell you how I put a plastic piece of dog poo in my roomates tupperware of prunes. A shining moment for me...