Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hello from the North

Did you miss me?
If you are my Cincinnati friend, please post a comment saying, "Yes!  We miss you terribly!  Some of the light has gone out of the city now that you are gone!"  Or something like that.  Because I miss you like crazy.

I am currently enjoying a front row seat at a little known stage show called "The Great Luigi."  I kind of had a backstage pass and, as the stars of the show rehearsed, I made a dinner of Indian Samosas and a dessert of strawberry sorbet.  We all ate together and then I assisted the smallest star (Luigi) put on his Halloween costume from last year.  Moments later, I handed in my ticket, which read "1 rOw."  The larger star of the show (Mario) then said, "Would you like to buy a commerorative Mario or Luigi hat?"

"How much are they?"

"They are twenty dollars."

"Oh, I'm not interested then."

"Wait!  I meant five!  One!  I meant one!  Thirty cents!  Fine, they're free!"

"Oh," I replied, "free? Well, I'll take one if they're free."

At which point Mario made a sorrowful face and said, "Oh, so sorry, ma'am.  I've just checked and these are our last two and they are on hold for someone else!"

Things are good here.

4 comments:

Rebeccah said...

Always good to hear from you. Sounds like a good show (and a yummy dinner).

Gail said...

Of course we miss you!!!!!!!!

kimbill16 said...

Life in Cincinnati is bleak and meaningless without you here. How will we ever go on?!!

Will "The Great Luigi" be a touring show? I really hope they make a stop in Ohio. I totally need a commemorative hat!

Deborah Jones said...

So glad you are back!!! We miss you here!