Monday, June 6, 2011

Phew!

I feel like this school year has been a marathon of packing lunches, writing papers, driving to and from and to and from and to and from, preparing lesson plans . . .

Matthew had his last day of his first year of preschool about a week ago, and then I had my last day of Montessori class and then Cameron had his last day of first grade.  And now?  After a year of not writing for fun, not reading for fun, not . . . being much fun . . . I am reveling in summer vacation.  In the past few days, I've read a stack of books that I just wanted to read.  I've written a humor essay.  I've taken the boys to the river to catch tadpoles and spontaneously stopped at the aquarium store to buy a 10 gallon tank and some frozen bloodworms (ewwww!) to feed our new pet tadpoles.  I've cuddled on the couch with Matthew.  I've started reading a biography of Charles Darwin with Cameron.  I am loving, loving, loving summer and hoping to stretch it out as long as possible!

3 comments:

Rebeccah said...

Sounds luxurious! (Well, except for the bloodworms...) I miss summers like that.

Grandma Linda said...

How are the tadpoles doing?

Sharon said...

The tadpoles are holding strong! Fairly low-maintenance and the boys love to watch them.