Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wish list

Matthew wants a baby sister.  He tells me nearly every day now and is unswayed by all obstacles.  HE would change the baby's diapers.  HE would hold the baby when she cries.  HE would put the baby to bed and THEN he'd put himself to bed.

This morning, Matthew told me he also wants a computer.  "Really?" I said  "What would you do with the computer?"

"Play games," he answered.

"Hmmm," I said, "a computer and a baby sister, huh?"

"Yep."

"If you only got to choose one," I asked out of sheer curiosity, "which would you choose?"

"A baby sister," he answered immediately.  "No, wait.  I changed my mind.  A football game for the Wii."

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Matthew cracks me up!

kimbill16 said...

That must be some Wii game!!

Delana said...

This made me laugh! My daughter (who we adopted 4 1/2 years ago) has three older brothers (our biological sons) who are now in college. She often asks me why we didn't (or don't) adopt a sister for her. I always tell her: "Our house only needs one princess."

But, since your house doesn't have a princess yet, I guess that line won't work for you. ;)

Blessings,
Delana
http://nineyearpregnancy.wordpress.com
http://delanasworld.wordpress.com