Friday, August 5, 2011

Stylish

Matthew has been going to a half-day camp this week and Cameron and I have been revelling in our ability to do things without an almost-four-year-old in tow.  Mostly this has involved exciting outings such as dropping books off at the library and grocery shopping.  However, we also had lunch together at a restaurant where Cameron fingered the cloth napkin and mouthed to me across the table, "This is really fancy!"  And we went bowling with a friend.  And one morning, thanks to a power outage, we went to the mall.  We just needed someplace that 1) had power and 2) had coffee.  Because we had neither.  Fully caffeinated, we began to walk through the mall, enjoying the opportunity to talk to each other without a certain someone shouting, "I was talking first!"  As we passed one of the mall kiosk places, a man called out, "Excuse me, miss?  What do you use to style your hair?" 
I politely declined to talk to him and, as Cameron and I walked away, I said to Cameron, "Little does he know that I'm happy if I just get to wash my hair let alone style it!"

Cameron laughed and said, "Yeah, you should have said, 'Sir, you are mistaken!  This hair is not styled!'"

Note to Megan S.:  Cameron totally reminded me of you when he said, "Sir!"

1 comment:

Megan S said...

HILARIOUS! Good day, sir.