Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why I Haven't Posted in Two Weeks

We've been sick for two weeks.  TWO weeks.  First Cameron got sick and had a fever of 102 for a full five days.

He recovered. 

I rejoiced. 

And the next day Matthew had a fever of 102.  For five days. 

And in the middle of that, David and I caught it, although thankfully minus the high fever.  So for two weeks I have been stuck at home, feeling not-so-great myself and always, always with at least one kid home sick. 

Which is . . . wearing. 

I've also lost my voice and am left with two options.  I can whisper.  "Matthew!  Stop hitting your brother!"    Or I can speak at normal volume but in deep and raspy man voice. Which totally cracks the boys up.

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I hope all are feeling much better soon. In the meanwhile I would go with the whisper, because when you are less than 100% the kids know and will do what they want regardless.

Good luck

Joe said...

Ahh, sounds fun!

Just got over being sick myself, and now the lovely girlfriend has it.

Let's just say we're looking forward to the summer!