Friday, December 12, 2008

When It Can't Get Any Worse . . .

Whenever David tells me he is going on a business trip, I dread the long days and nights on my own with two very, very active and demanding boys. Worse yet, this particular business trip would conflict with my writing group. My writing group that I love, that I look forward to every week. AND this was to be the last writing group meeting of 2008, complete with a potluck dinner and used book exchange. I tried my best to be understanding -- I mean, it is his job, after all -- but I was seriously disappointed. "Well, this is just about the worst business trip yet," I moped to myself.

Ahhhh, how wrong I was. The worst would be when Cameron came down with a very nasty stomach virus. So I was on my own, missing my writing group, trying to take care of one baby and one very, very sick little boy.

David returned home this morning. Cameron has recovered. I think it'll take me a few days to make a full recovery!

4 comments:

kimbill16 said...

You had to miss your last class?! That IS the worst business trip ever. I'm so sad for you . . .

Grandma Linda said...

I remember when Sharon came home from first grade with the chicken pox. Ten days later Stephanie got them and ten days after that was Zack. I was home with sick kids for 5 weeks. Thank goodness they have a vaccine for that now!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your crappy week! Oh, I remember those days when my girls were little & if my husband had to go out of town, I would pretty much pout for...a LONG time. It does get easier--I promise! Next time, call me & I'll come give you a break (although not so much w/the stomach flu thing--you're on your own w/that one!)

Sharon said...

Kim, thanks for the sympathy! I don't think others could understand how awful missing the last class really is!

Mom, you are right. Chicken pox would have been worse.

Christy, you are so sweet! I'm glad to hear that there is hope that it will get easier with time!