Tuesday, May 15, 2007

General news

We had a nice Mother's Day including our first attempt (and failure!) at geocaching. I had decided that geocaching would be a fun family hobby -- it is like treasure hunting with GPS. So, for my Mother's Day gift and David's Father's Day gift, I bought us a GPS. Dave didn't mind not having to shop for me! I still have high hopes, but I think we chose too challenging of a hunt for our first time out. We'll try again this weekend.

Cameron is in a superhero phase and is obsessed with anything with muscles, a cape or big boots (preferably all three!) This despite a complete lack of exposure to superheroes at home! The good part is that he is willing to eat his veggies as I have told him that veggies help you get muscles. He also frequently demonstrates "exercises" to me, which include some classics but many more eclectic moves.

As I'm not a fan of the "bad guys" themes of Spiderman and Batman, I just ordered a "Rescue Heroes" DVD that involves superheroes that rescue people from natural disasters. (Thanks, Christine!) I did finally break down, though, and bought Cameron some Batman PJs and a selection of superhero t-shirts which he insists on wearing everyday. Last night I put him to bed in one set of PJs. When I checked on him later, they were on the floor and he was asleep in his bed with his Batman PJs on!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

One of my favorite old photos is of you and Stephanie in your Wonderwoman underoos. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Jess said...

Glad Pat and I could be there to see the superhero phase in action. I have to say, the Superman and King Cow production was most excellent, especially when King Cow granted Superman (Cameron)three wishes, and Superman chose : 1. A bat cave (we all knew Superman was jealous of Bat Man), 2. An airplane (interesting choice for a superhero who can fly, but I guess that would make it easier to take friends along), 3. A frog (I mean, who doesn't want a frog, really?)